The Personal Current Account is no longer available to new customers as of 1st April 2021. If you are an existing customer, the following information will apply to your existing Personal Current Account.
A Monthly fee
A monthly fee of £5 is debited on the last working day of the month, or the next working day.
This fee helps us with the initial set-up and cost of running your account on a daily basis. As a bank whose shareholder is a registered charity, the fee also means that we are able to continue to donate up to 75% of any earnings to The Salvation Army’s charitible and evangelical work, thereby giving back more to our community and society.
What is the interest rate?
No credit interest is payable.
Easy to manage online and telephone banking.
Make payments and keep an eye on your balance with internet and telephone banking.
Internet banking via I-bank is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
• Review the balance of your current and savings accounts
• Update account balances throughout the day
• Pay bills and transfer money
• Review your statements up to 2 years
• Download your statements to save on paper
• Set up or amend standing orders*
• Order new cheque/paying-in books*
• Notify us of stopped cheques*
• Request an overdraft application form
*These requests will be completed via i-mail, a secure email facility.
Visa debit card
You can withdraw cash at any cashpoint worldwide that displays the Visa symbol. You can also view your current balance (excluding any arranged overdraft facility) and change your PIN.
For any transaction made outside the UK which is not a GBP or Euro transaction, there will be a flat rate charge of £1.25 per transaction. This fee will not apply to any GBP or Euro transactions.
- 1. You can see the current exchange rates on the Visa website, click here.
- 2. Open Visa’s Currency Conversion Calculator.
- 3. Choose the currency you want to convert to.
- 4. Enter a ‘Transaction Amount’ (write ‘1’ if you just want to find out the rate).
- 5. Leave the ‘0.00%’ as it is, as we don’t take commission on the Visa exchange rate.
- 6. And choose Great British Pound (GBP) as your ‘Card Currency’.
- 7. Tap ‘Calculate’ to see the current exchange rate!
- 8. The rate you see is the one we pass on directly to you.
But remember, we'll use the exchange rate at the time the transaction settles (usually a few days after you make it), rather than the one you see at the time you actually make the transaction.
Our debit card is made of degradable PVC making it recyclable, we are doing our bit for the environment!
Refusing a payment due to lack of funds – applies to Direct Debit, standing orders and cheques £10 – we will not charge you if the value of the payment is £10 or less, or if the payment would have taken you overdrawn by £10 or less.
Unpaid Cheques : £10.00 per cheque
Unpaid Direct Debits : £10.00 per item
Unpaid Standing Orders : £10.00 per item
Unauthorised overdraft: £10 per transaction
Copy Statements : £2.50 per statement
Sending within the UK as a CHAPS payment (electronic same day payment) : £15.00 per Item
Stopped cheque : £10 per cheque
Sending money outside the UK - See tariff of charges for payment options.
The maximum penalty charge per calendar month is £60 – even if the total of individual charges exceeds this.
Is it right for me?
You can apply to open a Current Account if you:
• Are 18 or over and a UK resident
• Have no County Court Judgements against you
• Have not filed for bankruptcy, a Debt Relief Order or an Individual Voluntary Arrangement in the last five years
You can apply by completing an application form
If you’re not eligible for a Reliance Bank account due to anything related to your credit file, you might want to contact the Money Advice Service who provide free, impartial money advice. They can also provide details of bank accounts that might be suitable for you.
Our telephone banking service is available 8.30am to 4.15pm Monday to Thursday and 10am to 4.15pm on Friday.
• You have unlimited access to your money.
• You can withdraw funds by Faster payment or writing to our office
• Transfers can be made online via Faster Payments.
• You are covered under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to £85,000 per depositor per bank/building society/credit union.